The HIPPY (Home Instruction For Parents of Preschool Youngsters) program aims to empower newcomer mothers, strengthen parent-child relationships and prepare children ages 3-5 years old for school with the end goal of helping families integrate well into Canadian society. Mothers Matter Centre is the licensing organization for HIPPY across Canada.
- Newcomer/Immigrant in Canada
- At least 1 parent has a Permanent Resident (PR) status
- Child is 3-5 years old (or kids turning 3 years old during the program year)
Parents agree to:
- Commit to the 30-week home visiting program
- Attend and participate in home visits and group meetings
- Spend 15 to 20 minutes per day teaching their child to prepare them for school
Monthly gathering for HIPPY families:
- Community outing or field trips
- Cultural celebration
- Role play and fun activities
- Workshops/Information Sessions
- Socialization/Community Connections
Note: Childminding (within NAISS) and transportation are available.
How much will it cost?
- It's a free program!
- FREE weekly activity packs
- FREE storybooks
- FREE materials and supplies
If interested to join, give us a call at (204)476-2055 so we can connect you to our HIPPY coordinator.